Saturday 1 February 2014

January Empties: Another one bites the dust

This month has been such a wonderful whirlwind! Things are shaping up for a great year, and I'm excited for spring! (I can't stand all this snow - as I write this, my area of the Great White North is being dumped with more snow)

This month also saw another end to another two full-sized products. Nothing feels better than being able to get through a whole bunch of things (February is shaping up to be full of fragrance samples, thanks to Sephora's fragrance event promo ). 

Here's what I got through, with mini reviews of each product to follow:

1. Güd Natural Body Lotion in Floral Cherrynova: This lotion is amazing. It instantly moisturizer my dry hands. I recently did a more in-depth review , so I'm not gonna get too much into a review on this.

2. Murad Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for eyes: I finished another of these last month, and it is pretty true to its name. I found my eyes also felt the skin around my eyes more firmer. A little truly goes a long way.

3. Ole Henriksen oil-free, brightening moisturizer: I found this was a pretty good product, but I felt I really did have to put it evenly over my face. 

4. Boscia Recharging Night Moisture: This stuff is absolutely amazing. I got this in an Ipsy bag (can't remember which one) and I've been using it on/off since. I found my skin instantly felt refreshed and smoother the morning after, as well as the following day. I would definitely buy this again.

5. Madly Kenzo Eau de Toilette: This is a lovely perfume. I got it during the perfume launch at Sephora (it so happened the day I went to the store, they were launching). I would consider buying this, as it does have lasting power, but I think my Lancôme La Vie est belle tops all.

6. Ole Henriksen Perfect Truth CC Crème: This CC Crème is absolutely awesome. I found it spread and covered very well - literally 2 pumps and I had enough for my whole face. I also highly recommend using a primer and concealer, before applying this, as it will ensure perfect coverage. I would love to buy this; however, the full-sized bottle is a little out of my price range for now. 

7. Hampton Sun SPF 15 Super Hydrating Face Cream: I'm not one to put sunscreen or moisturizer right before I start my makeup regime, but I couldn't resist. This cream left my skin super smooth, even after I wiped off my makeup. It's also lightweight, and it doesn't have an oily feel.

8. Makeup Fprever HD High Definition Primer in #0: I was referred to this primer, after I had my first VIB makeover the beginning of January. I found it did its job, but it didn't cover my pores as well as I hoped (even though during my makeover, my skin looked flawless). In all honesty I would not repurchase this, considering Too Faced Primed and Poreless stole my heart (same with Benefit's That Gal, which I will be reviewing soon). 

All in all, this was a pretty good clean up. As I alluded, February is shaping up to be a month of more empties! 

Thinking of joining my monthly makeup empty challenge? Click to here to read more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment