Sunday 5 January 2014

EOS Lip Balms: Review

With chilly winter weather, the need to moisturizer chapped lips is crucial in keeping your lips happy and healthy.

As I'm writing this, there's a whole bunch of snow no one asked for coming down like it's going out of style.

In other news, EOS (Evolution of Smooth) Lip Balms. What can't I say except they're one of the best lip balms out there. These small, spherical coloured balls of happiness may look cute, but they're packed with lasting moisture for your lips. I find I use mine 2-3 times per day!


Here's my EOS Summerberry balm, compared to a standard 500 mL water bottle.

The balm itself has a thumb groove to twist open to the actual lip balm. As you can see, the balm is a bit yellow, but it goes on clear. I like to apply my balm first, then apply lip gloss over for extra lasting colour :)

The more you use them, the smoother your lips will feel. Another plus is they come in a wide range of colours and flavours, such as honeydew, mint, raspberry, summer berry, and even vanilla :) I currently own 3: honeydew (in a light green case), mint (in a light blue case), and summerberry (as seen above).

What makes this balm a keeper is it's packed with vitamin E, perfect to keep your lips hydrated and smooth. In comparison to Baby Lips (another drugstore favourite), EOS has a more smoother application. I find Baby Lips has this petroleum consistency, and although it works, my lips feel like they're coated in blubber for the first half hour :( With EOS, it's like my lips have something with the consistency of a lip gloss, or even cocoa butter.

You can pick up your EOS lip balms from Shoppers Drug Mart/ Pharmaprix, Wal Mart, Costco, and other fine retailers. Depending on where you go, they can range in price from C$3.49 - C$5. Yes, it's a bit on the pricey side, but they last a long time (as mentioned, I use my honeydew balm 2-3 times a day, and I've had it since September 2013!). Costco and Shoppers may even sell value packs, so keep your eyes open :)


How has your experience with EOS lip balms been? Which flavour is your favourite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment