Thursday 2 January 2014

Honey by Marc Jacobs Review

** I recently mentioned in another entry I redeemed my Shoppers Drug Mart Fragrance Sampler certificate for Honey by Marc Jacobs. To see what other fragrances appeared in the fall/ winter 2013 fragrance sampler set, as well as my reviews of each fragrance, please click here . **

Honey by Marc Jacobs is the newest scent from the designer, and has a bottle similar to its sister, Dot.

What drew me to this scent was it's composition. The subtle honey notes provide a warm and comforting undertone. I already own Daisy and Daisy Eau So Fresh, so I had to chuckle when I ended up redeeming for their younger sister, Honey - I guess you can say I'm a MJ perfume house appreciator.

Here's what the box looks like:


Here's what the 50 mL bottle looks like:






Pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself.

As mentioned, I tested this scent against 9 others in a fragrance sampler. Here's what I observed while wearing it:

- Initial spray is a bit strong, but it's sweet. Don't worry, it's not like someone whipped musk or baby powder at you... I get turned off by perfumes that pack a punch at the beginning, and fade to nothing by dry down.
- Dry down unleashes honey notes, as well as fruity undertones (definitely can smell the pear- yum).
- Scent lasts MINIMUM 2 hours. That means it will last longer on certain people and if the scent works well with their body chemistry. In reality I find it does last longer, but you won't smell it on yourself. Other people will be able to, which for me is the mark of a true fragrance.

All in all I give this fragrance 4 honey bees out of 5!  I can't give it 5, as that would mean it's perfect. For me, nothing can truly be perfect ;) haha.

How has your experience been with Honey by Marc Jacobs? Do you like or own any other of MJ perfumes? Leave your comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment