Monday 20 January 2014

Review: OLE HENRIKSEN Perfect Truth™ CC Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Back in August I received a deluxe sample of this CC cream for 100 points at Sephora (the full-size bottle is C$45 at Sephora). I decided to try it on a whim, seeing as I was looking to find a good BB or CC cream.

Things to note:
- a little of this product goes a long way. I use about 2 pumps and it covers my face pretty well where I need it most (*cough* - under my eyes).
- the formula is lightweight, and spreads once put on. I found it evened out on my face; however, I highly recommend using a blush brush or bristle brush and gently patting your face in circular motions. This will help distribute the cream evenly - even though my foundation brush does a stellar job, it never hurts to go that extra mile.
- coverage lasts a typical work day. However, I do recommend putting a primer on as a base, as it will make it last all day.
- they weren't joking when they say be careful around the eye area... Once or twice the cream go a bit in my eye, and it stung like a banshee. Be super careful when applying under the eyes!


Here's what the cream looks like on my arm. It looks dark, but once applied to my face it matched perfectly.

All in all, this was a pretty solid CC cream. That being said, I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to dish out C$45 for it. I'm pretty new to the BB/CC cream game, so I would need to compare this against a few others before I take the plunge. I'm getting ready to try a BB cream from Maybelline in the next few days, plus I'm still testing out one from the Body Shop. :)


What's your favourite BB/CC cream splurge or steal? Leave your comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment